So far this class has been very fun, and new. The only challenge I've had in this class is group disscussions. I feel like when sometimes get into critical thought disscusing White vs. Black in the community it can get kind of emotional for some people I might be talkng to. I'm not sying anything that can get me into trouble , i'm just speaking of my observations in my community. When my group might shift off topic I feel like it is still the topic to us , and the mentors just should be a little more patient dealing with our ideas. My favorite activity is blogging because I get to speak my mind in 300 words or more. I appreciate blogging because I always hae a lot to say. During disscussion just like I said above it is nice to ask questions with ou rgroup, but I feel when we get too discriptive into our houghts someone always says lets get back on the subject , when tome I'm spaking what I think the topic is on.
In this class I have'nt really found anything confusing;the mentors are very specific on directions. The only bump in the road we had was when te mentors were describing the outline process , and we had to wait a day to get the correct outline. I still think that was really minor . One thing I might have found a little confusing on the homework was writing down questions on ou rnotes;I don 't know if we are supposed to write the answer to the question we wrote once our question got answered the next time we have class. Other than that I really enjoy this class because it breaks up my day, and it's better than any other regular exhibition. This exhibition gives me a chance to research the topic I feel sincere about in my community. Any other exhibition would have limited my ideas to their circumsatnces and that is'nt the type of person I am just to follow with an assignment; My assignment always has to be bigger and better. I'am really thankful I get to do all my assignments by myself in this class. No one can tell me how I think or what i should do my topic on , and this is why I like this class.
sincerly,
jackie
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love to hear your thoughts and ideas and I'm glad you are so passionate about expressing them. Unfortunately we have so little time in class to really explore everyone's thoughts and experiences. The good news is that these conversations don't have to end with the class. If there is more you want to talk about but don't get the chance to say, try continuing the conversation later with your friends. That way you are still able to express everything you want to say and you can learn what they think too.
ReplyDelete