Thursday, May 27, 2010

Briana's Progress of this Class Blog

Possibly the most challenging activity in this class i have found is either the terdactal game or having to share things about me for a good 3-4 minutes. I am not used to talking about my self a lot unless i have a prompt. Everybody now knows as "Debate" because i always have something to retaliate about. My favorite activities in class that Ive enjoyed a lot so far is getting to research. I don't enjoy reading the sad statistics but i enjoy being more informed about my social issue that i will be talking about/researching/writing about. I also enjoyed today's group discussion. We had minor frequent interruptions that seemed to get a little childish but overall i liked the discussion today about the food topic. As of today i feel like i have been able to express a lot of what i wanted to say. I don't always ask my questions though just because i know i can find an answer and stick with it. During discussion time i like to listen to what other people have to say. I also like to link some ideas like the other day i had linked Natassija's and Alana's point of the homelessness issue. During discussion time i noticed that we side track somewhat a lot and we don't always get to finish answering one question. However i think discussion time has been going well because we become more interactive when we jump into other questions. Sometimes i have last minute comments but i usually put them to hold. In contrast though the worksheets with the questions is the only thing i don't like about discussion time because i feel to get distracted to write out answers rather than to be expressing my own answers. The questions are sometimes worded funny. I can figure them out after reading them a good 2 or 3X but I'm sure maybe some other people have a hard time reading them too. The expectations are pretty clear most of the time. Sometimes I don't listen so i get a little confused about the instructions of whatever we move onto next.

-briana.martinez :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your great suggestions as far as worksheet questions and the way that we word our questions.

    Also, do you have any suggestions for us as far as how to keep discussions on track and without unnecessary interruptions?

    -April

    ReplyDelete