The assignments I have found most challenging is the ones concerning research for my topic. It would seem as if my topic has not been heavily researched because there is not a lot of data available. I have mixed feelings about that. Part of me views it as a positive because it puts me on the cutting edge of thinking about the injustice, but part of me also feels negatively about this since it could mean that people really are oblivious to such a national epidemic and its effects on society.
My favorite activity in this class is when we have the round table discussions. No matter what the topic is I am always intrigued to hear the thoughts of my peers, and critically think about them myself. Anyone that knows me knows that I like to talk, but honestly what I have enjoyed the most is listening. Hearing the fresh ideas of those around me in class is a joy; it’s a joy to know I’m not alone in some of the opinions I have about issues affecting my community.
I do feel that I am able to express everything that I want to say during discussion time. I am assertive by nature so I feel I am effective in getting my point across. My peers help also to create an environment in the class that is conducive to me doing so. The level of respect that we have for one another and our opinions is high.
The aspect of the class that is most confusing for me would have to do with the instructions for assignments concerning my topic. I just don’t understand. But, I’m willing to struggle through it and figure it out. I don’t feel too much is being asked of me that I cannot decipher what is being asked of me. I have no complaints really; it’ll all work out.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, there are a lot of social issues that don't get the attention they deserve and it is up to the people who feel passionate about them to get the word out. If there is ever anything you are unsure about please ask one of us, you shouldn't have to struggle alone.
ReplyDelete