Thursday, May 27, 2010

her progress :) (fly BANKS)

The activities that I find most challenging are the readings for homework. They aren’t that hard but the dry definitions are kind of boring to me. I like more the personal statement, like about the homeless man. It was a personal statement and I really had me think on how homeless people are being treated unfairly. Also finding research is hard to me because I never experienced this type of research where you had to include the stats, personal statement, and find credible sources. Its not hard, just new.
My favorite activities are group discussion. I like them because it helps me get out what I was thinking when I was reading by myself and also help me get questions answer that I was wondering while I was reading. This is also a time where I think about others points of views; it helps me think about other ways to think about the topic.
Yes, I feel I can express everything in the discussion but that’s only because I have a louder voice. I can get my point across. I like when we break into smaller group that way everyone can speak. More things will be talked about because it’s a smaller group of people. I feel that everyone’s voice doesn’t get across because they might feel uncomfortable about talking about what they think, but I feel that smaller groups will eliminate that fear.
The expectation of blogging everyday is a little confusing but at the same time I know why we do. I think that we should read everyone’s bog and I believe that everyone should have more time to write in the bog because it take others a longer period of time to complete a 300 word blogg about a difficult topic. _ALANA

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoy the discussions and reading about narratives that help illustrate these issues that we talk about. I'll be sure to look for more readings that are as engaging at the one about the homeless man.

    I'll also be sure to have more small-group discussions in the future. Thank you for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete