Monday, May 24, 2010

expectations

In this class I want to be challenged and learn about social injustice topics I never would have even thought of. I want to be pushed out of my box on the word limit, and get really prepared for college. For the expectations for the class schedule I want to be relaxed coming in to a calm work setting, where it's a no stress environment, and get allong with others. I want to be able to listen to my piers ideas, but sometimes I have problems with people having different opinions from me, so I want tolearn a different way of interacting with people who all don't ahve the same opinion or overall main point as I do. I'm happy to be apart of a group where we all have a broad scope of injustice issues such as; environmental acism, immigration, and how different minorities or treated. This is how I want to come in the class>> 1.)come in and review what we did for homework, 2.)Get on the computer and blog, 3.)comment the blog before us, 4.)get the homework for that night... I really don't know what else to do, but I'll be prepared for what ever you throw at me. My personal goals , and expecatations are to get all the assignments finished, and possibly when the five hundred dollar schlorship, becauuse I want o start saving now for college so I won't be in debt. Doing all these projects will help inspire me to reach out and think about different topics that I might have not had much interest in until now. Having the students from Cal come in and give us new perspectives on certain topics can really help me broaden my mind-set and stop being so critical; just stuck in one topic. I am really thankful that I've been chosen to be apart of this program and plan to take advantage of whats been given to me.

3 comments:

  1. Your right i do want to be challenged. we have the same goals. so lets both take upon all thats given to us and use it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am very excited about the fact that that are so many different interests in our group.

    Be sure to keep me updated as far as what you think about the homework load -- we want to be able to give you as much homework as possible (as there is so much to learn on each topic!), but we also want all the work that we give you to be meaningful and helpful.
    -April

    ReplyDelete