Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exhibition Presentations: Last Minute Thoughts

I’m fairly nervous about presenting, as always, but not as nervous because I am used to speaking in public now. Though, lately people have been telling me that my voice projection is not loud enough, so I need to work on speaking loudly. The other thing I am nervous about is that I have barely finished my speech and have not practiced it. So this means that I will have to be practicing my speech on Wednesday and Thursday.

The tips that I could share for handling nervous feelings are to take normal breathe and not think about presenting. Just review your speech in your head. Also look at the people who present before you, and pay attention at the thing you think they did well and do that when it’s your turn to present. But this is also learning from other people’s mistakes. You won’t do what they did wrong and you have the opportunity to do even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment